September 15, 2008

Not grumpy, just grammatically-challenged

A dose of one's own medicine!

I usually love this doctor's entries, as they reveal signs of depth and emotional honesty, not to mention lovely pecs.

But today, since he talked about being grumpy, then I will be bitchy and dissect his entry. My corrections are in red; comments are in parenthesis.


"I was not in my element yesterday.(thus establishing the time frame: past as in past tense) I had all the time in this world (there is no such phrase as time in this world, the correct term is time in THE world) to ogle on (ogle AT) some pictures and videos on the net if not daydream (dangling, where does this phrase belong? ). Once in a while messages from friends will pop-out in (popped-out) my messenger.

I actually (unnecessary word) never realized I have been sending some catty remarks. Tristenn asked me why am (was) I so grumpy that morning. I denied being grumpy. But I was not in my happy-day mode. For one, I was so disappointed about a friend's OD story I heard that morning. And my bad-day mode was even turned on a notch higher when my ex, now sober, talked to me and threatened me again with this and that. It was not a good day for me. I was bored, disappointedly irated,(irate, it's an adjective, not a verb) and anxiously frustrated. (and you denied being grumpy?)
'What will make this day worse?’, I thought. (I know, a prescriptivist like me)

I then decided to push through with my date (an eyeball as Misterhubs would put it) later that afternoon. I was supposed to meet up with 'D2 na me'. What is with that moniker? Well, let us just say, that is how Tristenn and I would call him. Because that is how he sends his text messages. Not a good sign, actually, but his cuteness would be enough for you to forget...(grammatically passable, wrong sentence constructions but never mind)



2 comments:

ArchieMD said...

dito pala ako dapat mag-comment.

i edited my entry. thanks for you help.

RainB said...

No problem doc. I love your blog. Deep and disturbing.