April 4, 2009

Coke Everyday




Billboards along EDSA and threads online carry the same message: Drink Coke Everyday!!!!!

Read this forum entry, this time against it!

____________________________________
I drink a 2 liter Diet Coke everyday!!!
Pages: 1
Posted in: Dr. Hull's Health Forum » Aspartame - NutraSweet

#1
Started by PeekaBoo on 02-18-2008 3:23 am
PxxxxBoo
Member

Registered: XXXXXXXXX
I drink a 2 liter Diet Coke everyday!!!


Since I was 18 yrs old I have been drinking Diet Coke! I am now 34 and still drinking Diet Coke! 



________________________

First of all, I don't think it's a good idea to pump your body system with two liters of any soda, whether diet or not and whatever the brand is. 

Secondly, there is a big difference between every day and everyday.


Everyday and every day are commonly confused in English. There's no difference in pronunciation, but using the wrong one when writing is a mistake in the everyday English you use every day.

Everyday

Everyday is an adjective that means commonplace, ordinary, or normal.

These shoes are great for everyday wear.

You shouldn't wear an everyday outfit to the wedding.

Don't use the everyday dishes - it's a special occasion.


Every day

Every day means "each day."

I go to the park every day

I have to work every day this week except Friday

Every day I feel a little better


The Bottom Line

Everyday is a single word and is an adjective, so it's the one that is used in front of a noun to describe something as normal or commonplace. Every day is an adjective (every) plus a noun (day), and it means each day.

No comments: