October 8, 2008

Brian Gorrel's TFC subscriber

This fan is very updated about showbiz gossip but out of touch with grammar.


"I am a
TFC subscriber and I am very well up-to-date regarding the latest showbiz brouhaha between Cristy Fermin, Nadia Montenegro, Rose Flaminiano and Gabby Concepcion. The issue that started the usual showbiz tirades became uglier and uglier each day to the point that the public viewers should be seriously concerned.
I am referring to Cristy Fermin’s heartless and God-unfearing attack on Nadia Montenegro."

a. Between is a preposition used to differentiate or relate two nouns:between Cristy and Nadia or between Rose and Gabby. If the brouhaha is about four people, then say INVOLVING Cristy, Nadia, Rose, and Gabby.

b. public viewers? as opposed to private viewers, I suppose. I think she means the viewing public.

c.
Okey, there are times when you have the license to invent new words, but definitely God-unfearing is way beyond acceptable.

No comments: