October 7, 2008

Nadia's grammar is beyond forgiveness







"I have to remind Cristy Fermin, you are convicted for libel. You have no credibility no more. I do not know but I have to say this and I have to fight for what I believe in."


I will not even mention how dirty you look because of this mud-slinging. One of these days, Gretchen Barreto might experience an epiphany and will forgive you. Your grammar, girl, is beyond forgiving.


Sentence 1: I have to remind Cristy Fermin, you are convicted for libel. Dahling, you don't shift subjects in the middle of a sentence. Second, the conviction happened in the past, so it should be were, not are. Third, the correct proposition is convicted OF libel.


So, why not say, "I have to remind Cristy Fermin that she was convicted of libel.



Sentence 2: You have no credibility no more.

Let us assume that Cristy HAD credibility (which I seriously doubt), then avoid the double negative. "You don't have credibility anymore."


Sentence 3: I do not know but I have to say this and I have to fight for what I believe in."


Honestly, you've lost me. Girl, what the heck are you talking about?


Better get your act together, grammar or otherwise.

No comments: