November 21, 2008

Ask Santa for World Peace and Better Sentences


I found this in The Artist Chef. The wistful writing is simple and deep. There are few missteps in the grammar though, thus I will blogpesticide this entry.



"This photo is another visual for me to reflect on and tell myself, after fall comes winter. Winter means Christmas. Do you believe in Santa Claus? Some of my birthday wishes did not come true or I doubt if it still will. Christmas is nearer than my birthday to perhaps make another set of wishes.

_____

1. Yes, I do believe in Santa Claus. If I have time, I hope to visit his workshop in the North Pole someday.

2. I also believe is not wise to use the word than when you are not comparing anything. Look: "And do Christmas wishes come true than birthday wishes?" Try using the comparative mode so that the sentence makes sense: more than birthday wishes. You hit it right when, in the next sentence, you said "nearer than". See, comparative works!

3.I firmly believe that it is necessary to remain consistent about your subject. See: Some of my birthday wishes did not come true or I doubt if it still will.

Some of my Wishes - plural
It - singular

It is better to use they and be nice than to use it and be naughty. Santa's gonna find out whose naughty or nice.

May all your wishes come true.

2 comments:

the geek said...

off topic:

my little angel said thank you. may kasama pang kiss..lol

he asked ano daw yung gril when i showed him the printed pic of the cake...uncle geek said di rin niya alam..hehehe

mountain resident said...

hehehehe...

sabihin mo ndi rin alam ni uncle rain..

basta cake