November 12, 2008

Emotionally Sloppy; Maybe




I love emoblogs, particularly emotionally sloppy. With raw emotions and rantings, they write as if they paint their minds on paper - a series of words with minimal punctuation. In literature, we often refer to this style as streams of thoughts, separated by commas and ellipsis with no purpose at all except to fulfill the urge to place punctuations.

Here is an entry:


"I accompanied my friend to the hospital days ago to have her baby checked..as we were waiting, for like ages for her number to be called I entertained myself at looking around the hospital.


Just beside the pedia clinic was an infertility clinic. And there in that place, couples who has problems having a baby merge with the couples that were happily cradling their baby. How ironic. I mean why place these two clinics beside each other? To let the infertile couple realize what they're missing and feel more miserable than it already is? To have the fertile couple flaunt their baby to the infertile couple? Oh well, maybe they have a medical reason behind that."

Grammar aside, her observation is valid, and true to her being an emo, sensitive to her environment. Let me just improve the construction and the punctuations, so that the non-emo readers can make sense of her post. I hope I won't undermine her emotions.

Days ago (it is more efficient to introduce a temporal phrase at the start of the sentence), I accompanied my friend to the hospital for her baby's check-up. While waiting for, like, ages for her number to be called, I entertained myself by looking around.

Right beside the pedia clinic is a fertility clinic. Thus, in the same place, couples who had problems with having a baby merge with couples who were happily cradling their babies. (not unless all those couples cradled only ONE baby).

How ironic! I mean, why place these two clinics beside each other? To let the infertile couples realize what they're missing and feel more miserable than they already do?( It is better to be consistent with the subject of the conversation, in this sentence,the childless couples) To have the fertile couple flaunt their baby to the infertile couple?

Oh well, maybe the hospital has a medical reason behind this."



Maybe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the concept of your blog, and the way you correct the blog bugs. Keep it up and all the best.

RainB said...

Sure, thanks din. :)

Anonymous said...

hey rainb its me... =)I uhmmm... Im actually having a had time typing right now. For fear that I might be grammatically wrong. =)For a moment there, I found myself staring at the screen making sure it really was my blog that was gonna be scrutinized by the errorfinder.And being emotionally sloppy im gonna brood over this for like a week and do some crying along with some wailing of "why?! why? why me?!"

...kidding. Seriously i've been following your blog coz I like the concept.(I was just praying, keeping my fingers crossed that you never come upon my blog.nyahahaha but you did anyway, darn it!!)

Thanx rainb keep up the good work!God bless! =)

(gawd that was a long comment I should just have made a post about it in my blog... come to think of it!i'll do just that...)

RainB said...

hey emotionally sloppy...


hehehe. nah, i can sense that you have an inner strength that can withstand "criticisms" like this. I like your blog, and this is my way of telling people about your online existence.

Continue writing and never mind the grammar. I will take care of that. Hehehee. Peace.