November 17, 2008

Villar's Other Resignation Speech

"To my dear colleagues in this chamber:

The tenure of the Senate President as everyone knows, depends on the number of members that supports him. I was informed this afternoon I no longer have the support of the majority of my colleagues. I tender my resignation and congratulate the new senate president, Mr. Juan Ponce Enrile. I can only accomplish so much with your help and support... Thank you."

All right! You are a wily senator Manny, so I know that you know you gain a lot from this coup. Now, you get the sympathy of the people and you can posture yourself as the voice of the disenfranchized - neither administration nor opposition. Even then, there is something wrong with your sentence construction. So, let me rephrase your speech, put some good commas where needed, and make your exit speech more curt and elegant.
________________
"To my dear colleagues in this chamber:

The tenure of the Senate President, as everyone knows, depends on the number of members WHO support him. I was informed this afternoon that I lost the support of the majority of my colleagues. I tender my resignation and congratulate the new senate president, Mr. Juan Ponce Enrile. I can only accomplish so much with your help and support. Thank you."
______________

But apparently, there is another speech, but he opted not to read it.

To my dreadful colleagues in this chamber:

Fuck you!

Just because I am ahead in the surveys does not mean that I will win in the elections, so what the fuck are you afraid of? Do you think I will lose mileage by your NO Confidence Vote? And please, why would you pick Enrile as my successor? The best thing you could have done is to place someone younger and more good-looking to replace me. Like Sam Milby perhaps? Oh, he is not qualified?

Never mind. I would like to end this with what Barack Obama said during his acceptance speech.

Fuck you too!

No comments: